Recognized as Super Lawyers “Top 100 Attorneys in Illinois”
Passionate about protecting those injured through the fault of others, Attorney Edward “Ted” McNabola has been practicing law for over 25 years. In this time, he has established a reputation for success, having won 97% of the cases he has accepted and more than 90% of the cases that have proceeded to trial. In fact, he has not lost a case at trial in over 12 years.His last four trials garnered verdicts of $16,000,000 even though the defendants made no settlement offers in any of those cases. Attorney McNabola practices primarily in personal injury cases, medical malpractice and wrongful death cases. He also has a special passion for those who have been injured in motorcycle accidents. As an avid motorcyclist himself, Attorney McNabola understands the risks that motorcyclists face every day.
After graduating with honors from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science in 1989, Ted went on to obtain his Juris Doctorate from Loyola University Chicago School of Law in 1992 and his Masters of Arts in Judicial Politics from Loyola University Chicago in 1995.
In addition to his formal schooling, Attorney McNabola sharpened his trial techniques through numerous programs offered at the National Institute of Trial Advocacy. One of these programs was a Teacher Training Program at Harvard Law School. Also, attorney McNabola studied law with the former Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court, William H. Rehnquist, in Innsbruck, Austria. In 2008, he was honored by being admitted to the Bar of the United States Supreme Court and was sworn in by Chief Justice John H. Roberts.
Awards & Recognition
For the past 15 years, Attorney McNabola has been awarded an AV® peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell® which is its highest rating for ethical standard and legal ability. He is also on the Board of Governors at the Loyola University Chicago School of Law. He was selected as a Top 100 Attorney in Illinois through a survey of his peers, and has also been selected as an Illinois Super Lawyer by his peers. Throughout his career, Ted has handled hundreds of cases successfully. In fact, his last four trials resulted in successful verdicts on behalf of the client and garnered over $16 million dollars in awards. Remarkably, the defense did not make any settlement offers in any of his last four trials.
Lectures & Publications
Dedicated to giving back to the legal community, Attorney McNabola served for many years as an Adjunct Professor at the Northwestern University School of Law where he taught Trial Advocacy. Also, Attorney McNabola was an Adjunct Professor at Loyola University Chicago School of Law. He frequently speaks at various legal events and has published extensively on trial practice issues.
Loyola University Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, 1995
- Major: Judicial Politics
Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Chicago, Illinois, 1992
Miami University of Ohio, Oxford, Ohio, 1989
- Major: Political Science
Honors & Awards
- Top 100 Attorneys in Illinois, Super Lawyers, 2006-2007, 2013-2015
- AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5 Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell, 2015
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Board of Governors
- United States Supreme Court Bar, Member, 2008-Present
- The Society of Trial Lawyers, Member, 2005-Present
- Metropolitan Family Services, Board Member, 2000-Present
- Children’s Charities of Chicago, Member, 1996-Present
- American Bar Association, Member, 1992-Present
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member, 1992-Present
- American Association for Justice, Member, 1992-Present
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 1992-Present
- Chicago Bar Association, Member, 1992-Present
- Chicago Bar Association, Medical-Legal Relations Committee, Committee Member, 2006-2010
- Chicago Bar Association, Moot Court Committee, Committee Member, 2006-2010
- Chicago Bar Association, Tort Litigation Committee, Committee Member, 2000-2009
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Elected to General Committee, 1999-2000
- “A Primer on Cross Examination” Trial Journal, ITLA. 2008.
- “Avoiding Tort Immunity Pitfalls” Illinois Bar Journal. 2003.
- “The Latest on Liens: An Illinois Tort Lawyer’s Guide” Illinois Bar Journal. 2002.
- Loyola University School of Law, Board Member
- 100 Club of Chicago, Board Member
- Life After Innocence, Board of Directors
- The Center of Concern, Supporter