Terrance M. Nofsinger
Terrance M. Nofsinger is a highly-regarded attorney who concentrates in wrongful death, personal injury, and medical malpractice cases. Over the past decade of fighting in courtrooms throughout Illinois and beyond, he has earned the reputation amongst both judges and his adversaries of a tenacious yet professional advocate. His tireless efforts on behalf of the victims of serious personal injury and wrongful death have resulted in tens of millions of dollars for his clients. Two of Mr. Nofsinger’s most recent successes include settlements of $2.5 million in a medical malpractice case and $1.72 million in an auto crash case. Growing up in a blue-collar household in central Illinois, he is especially passionate about protecting the rights of construction workers injured on the job and by defective products.
Mr. Nofsinger had the privilege of first developing his litigation skills as a judicial extern for the Honorable Michael M. Mihm of the U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois. Prior to practicing law with Ted McNabola, Mr. Nofsinger was an associate with a downstate firm where he represented clients in a wide range of matters, including defense of personal injury and work injury cases. In addition to his trial practice, Mr. Nofsinger is also an accomplished appellate advocate, having briefed and argued numerous injury cases before the Illinois Appellate Court.
Mr. Nofsinger has received numerous awards and recognitions for his skills in the courtroom. Every year for the past five years he has been recognized as a “Rising Star” in Illinois by Super Lawyers® Magazine. No more than 2.5 percent of lawyers in Illinois are selected to receive this designation. In addition, Mr. Nofsinger has been honored as an “Emerging Lawyer” by Leading Lawyers, which is awarded to the top 2 percent of lawyers under the age of 40. He was recently profiled in the inaugural issue of Emerging Lawyers Magazine published by Law Bulletin Publishing Company.
Creighton University School of Law, Omaha, Nebraska
Juris Doctor, received May 2006
- Cali® Award for Excellence: Highest Grade in Remedies
- Creighton Business Law Society: Co-Founder
- American Constitution Society: Executive Board
Bradley University, Peoria, Illinois
Bachelor of Fine Arts, received December 2001
- Dean's List: 2000, 2001
- Slane College of Fine Arts Outstanding Student in 2000
PublicationsTerrance M. Nofsinger, Leveling the Playing Field: Recent Amendments to the Health Care Services Lien Act and Interpretive Case Law Ensure Plaintiffs’ an Equitable Share of Tort Recoveries, Trial Journal of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Volume 16, Number 1, Winter 2014.
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers®, Rising Star, 2011-2016
- Chicago Magazine, Rising Star, 2011-2016
- Leading Lawyers, Emerging Lawyer, 2015-2016
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member, 2006-Present
- American Bar Association, Member, 2006-Present
- Chicago Bar Association, Member, 2006-Present
- Chicago Bar Association, Member, Judicial Evaluation Committee, 2015-Present
- Peoria County Bar Association, Member, 2006-Present
- American Association for Justice, Member, 2011-Present
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2011-Present
- Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America, Member, 2015-Present