Bicycle Accident Injury Attorneys in Chicago
Fighting on Your Behalf for the Compensation You Deserve
Bicyclists are incredibly vulnerable on the road. Even with the proper safety gear, a bicyclist can potentially sustain catastrophic or even fatal injuries in an accident. At McNabola & Associates, LLC in Chicago, our bicycle accident attorneys are dedicated to providing exceptional legal representation so that you can obtain the fair compensation you deserve. Backed by a history of proven success, you can feel confident in our team’s ability to fight on your behalf and hold the responsible party liable.
Get started on your personal injury case today and reach out to McNabola & Associates, LLC at (312) 888-8700 to discuss the details of your case during a free consultation. We are available 24/7 to take your call!
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), last year traffic collisions resulted in 49,000 bicyclists sustaining injuries and 726 bicyclist fatalities.
Below are some of the most common causes of bicycle accidents:
- Distracted driving: Whether using a cell phone or simply zoning out, any time a driver is distracted while operating a motor vehicle, it puts others at risk of injury. Similarly, bicyclists must always pay attention while riding. Never use a cell phone for any purpose or otherwise multitask while riding riding a bicycle.
- Speeding: Driving over the speed limit drastically increases the distance required to safely stop on time. If a motorist rear-ends a bicyclist due to speeding and failing to stop on time, the results can be deadly.
- Opening doors: Bicyclists must never ride immediately beside a line of parked cars. Parked vehicle doors can be opened unexpectantly, resulting in “dooring” accidents and injuries to bicyclists.
- Inclement weather: If weather conditions are poor, bicyclists should consider waiting for them to improve before hitting the road. Poor visibility or slippery roads can easily create disastrous results.
Common Bicycle Accident Injuries
Depending on the speed of the vehicle and location of impact, bicyclist injuries can potentially be severe, life-altering, or even fatal.
Below are some of the most common types of bicycle accident injuries:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Fractured bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Facial injuries
- Ruptured discs
- Neurological damage
- Severe contusions and lacerations
Many of these injuries can have a lasting impact on a victim’s health and, as a result, some often need continued medical care to manage pain and disability caused by their injuries.
Discuss Your Bicycle Accident Case Today with an Experienced Attorney Today!
If you sustained injuries in a bicycle accident caused by another, you have the right to pursue compensation. At McNabola & Associates, LLC in Chicago, our personal injury team will help you navigate the process of filing a lawsuit. We will thoroughly investigate the details of your case and come up with the most effective strategies to secure the best results.
We understand how difficult this experience os and believe you should take this time to focus on your recovery, which is why we work on a contingency fee basis. You will not have to pay us unless we win!
Take the first step toward obtaining compensation and reach outto us at (312) 888-8700 to schedule a free consultation.