Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Lawsuits
Chicago Injury Attorneys Fighting for You & For Change
The invention of keyless vehicles that can be remotely started with the simple push of a button has proven to be a serious health hazard. Unlike an ignition with a traditional key, keyless ignitions have upended the relationship between the driver and the vehicle. If someone accidentally starts their keyless vehicle while it is parked in their garage and they are in their home, the vehicle may leak lethal levels of carbon monoxide into the residence. Across the country throughout the last decade, there have been many reports of hospitalizations and deaths caused by these exact circumstances.
At McNabola & Associates, LLC, our Chicago personal injury and product liability lawyers have represented clients who lost loved ones due to defectively designed keyless vehicles. We are not afraid to go up against major automakers when it means fighting for fair compensation and a safer future for American families everywhere.
Accolades and accomplishments that make us stand out include:
- 60+ years of total legal experience
- 97% success rate in cases that we accept
- Voted “Top 100 Attorneys in Illinois”
Have you been harmed due to a defective vehicle or product that leaked carbon monoxide? Call our carbon monoxide lawsuit attorneys at (312) 888-8700 to request a free consultation.
Potential Household Sources of Carbon Monoxide Exposure
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there are around 400 deaths, 4,000 hospitalizations, and 20,000 emergency room visits each year in America due to unintentional carbon monoxide poisonings. As dangerous as they are, keyless vehicles are not the source of the majority of these incidents. There are many other products in homes that can leak dangerous carbon monoxide.
Carbon monoxide may escape from defective:
- Fireplaces and chimneys
- Gas ranges, stoves, and ovens
- Furnaces, heaters, and central heating systems
- Gas lanterns or other gas lighting sources
- Emergency gas generators
- BBQs and grills
Remember: Install carbon monoxide detection alarms in your home and test them frequently. The moment you suspect carbon monoxide in your residence, evacuate all people and pets immediately. Call 911 if you need help evacuating or someone is showing symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, which include headaches, nausea, and dizziness. Call the fire department after everyone is evacuated safely and do not reenter the premises until told it is safe to do so.
Let Us Be Your Voice – Call (312) 888-8700 Today
Our Chicago personal injury lawyers of McNabola & Associates, LLC are truly passionate about representing the wrongfully injured, as well as advocating for a safer tomorrow by holding negligent product manufacturers accountable for selling dangerous products. Whether you were harmed due to a keyless vehicle, a defective heater, or another household source of carbon monoxide gas, we want to be the team to represent you. Contact us today to see if you have a carbon monoxide poisoning claim, and it would be our privilege to help you.