Founding Partner of McNabola & Associates
Edward (Ted) McNabola was selected as one of the top 100 consumer attorneys in Illinois in a survey of Illinois attorneys conducted by Law & Politics magazine. For the past 15 years, Ted has been awarded an AV peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell which is its highest rating for ethical standard and legal ability. He has been selected by his peers as an Illinois Super Lawyer and a member of the Leading Lawyers Network.
A Strong Track Record of Success
In his last five trials, there were no settlement offers by the defendant. Despite this fact, Mr. McNabola won all five trials on behalf of his clients and achieved verdicts approaching $20 million. Mr. McNabola’s most recent trial resulted in a verdict of $7.5 million for the family of a man who died after a mistake during surgery.
Other recent results include:
- $3.15 million settlement for a Chicago Police Officer who suffered an injury to his eye resulting in partial loss of vision
- $3.7 million for the family of a young woman who died as a result of negligent medical care
- $2.5 million settlement in a trucking negligence case
He and his colleagues at McNabola & Associates have obtained almost $100 million in verdicts and settlements on behalf of injured clients. Ted has also contributed to the Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education (IICLE) legal textbook when his work on liens in medical malpractice cases — titled “Liens” and coauthored by Attorney Terry Nofsinger — was added to its recent edition.
For more information about Mr. McNabola's accomplishments, please refer to a recent article written about him in Leading Lawyers Magazine.
Loyola University Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, 1995
Master of Arts
- Concentration in Judicial Politics
- Master of Arts
Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Chicago, Illinois, 1992
- Juris Doctorate
Miami University of Ohio, Oxford, Ohio, 1989
- Bachelor of Arts
- Dual Major: Diplomacy and Foreign Affairs and Political Science
- Minor: Applied Ethics (Philosophy)
- Liens – Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education (IICLE) legal textbook
- Keyless Ignitions Can Lead to Carbon Monoxide Deaths - Healthy Cells Magazine
- Tips for Testifying - Chicago Fraternal Order of Police Magazine
- Silent Killers - Keyless Ignition - Healthy Cells® Magazine
- Embracing Traditions of 'Those Who Went Before' - Leading Lawyers
- Practice Tips: A Primer on Cross-Examination of Experts - Trial Journal
- Injured Plaintiffs to Receive Higher Award Ratio Under New State Law - Chicago Daily Law Bulletin
- Cross Examination of Defense Experts - October 12, 2015 - Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Theme of Case - Medical Malpractice Seminar - December 10, 2011 - Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Expert Witness Testimony & Evidence - March 12, 2011 - Illinois State Bar Foundation
- Commencing The Case - February 12, 2007 - Illinois State Bar Foundation
- Cross Examination of Defense Experts - February 16, 2004 - Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Agency & Governmental Tort Immunity - October 14, 2002 - Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Latest on Illinois Liens - September 15, 2001 - Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- “A Primer on Cross Examination” Trial Journal, ITLA. 2008.
- “Avoiding Tort Immunity Pitfalls” Illinois Bar Journal. 2003.
- “The Latest on Liens: An Illinois Tort Lawyer’s Guide” Illinois Bar Journal. 2002.
- Northwestern University School of Law, former Adjunct Professor
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, former Adjunct Professor
National Institute of Trial Advocacy, former Faculty Member
Mr. McNabola taught trial techniques for over a decade while serving as a faculty member of the National Institute of Trial Advocacy. The NITA is a service organization made up of a volunteer network of lawyers, judges, and esteemed advocates across the globe. Since 1971, NITA has provided the legal advocacy skills that allow the advancement of people, the legal profession, and the pursuit of justice. He successfully completed the teacher training program at Harvard Law School and served as a NITA faculty instructor for the Midwest region between 2001–2009.
Honors & Awards
- Leading Lawyers, selected by peers in PI Law 2007-Present
- Top 100 Attorneys, Law Bulletin, 2017
- Top 100 Super Lawyers in Illinois, 2006-2007, 2013-2017
- Top 100 Consumer Lawyers, Law and Politics Magazine
- AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5 Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell, 2015
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Board of Governors
- United States Supreme Court Bar, Member, 2008-Present
- The Society of Trial Lawyers, Member, 2005-Present
- Metropolitan Family Services, Board Member, 2000-Present
- Children’s Charities of Chicago, Member, 1996-Present
- American Bar Association, Member, 1992-Present
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member & Elected to General Assembly, 1992-Present,
- American Association for Justice, Member, 1992-Present
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 1992-Present
- Chicago Bar Association, Member, 1992-Present
- Chicago Bar Association, Medical-Legal Relations Committee, Committee Member, 2006-2010
- Chicago Bar Association, Moot Court Committee, Committee Member, 2006-2010
- Chicago Bar Association, Tort Litigation Committee, Committee Member, 2000-2009
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Elected to General Committee, 1999-2000
- Member, Catholic Lawyers Guild of Chicago, 2014-Present
- Loyola University School of Law, Board of Directors
- 100 Club of Chicago, Board Member
- Life After Innocence, Board of Directors
- The Center of Concern, Supporter
McNabola & Associates, LLC is proud to have served as a sponsor for The Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride 2017, the world’s largest charitable motorcycle event. Owners of classic and vintage styled bikes gathered in their best suits to ride in groups throughout more than 600 different cities to support research for men’s health. The event took place on September 24 this year on a global scale and is expected to return in 2018. Our firm rode at the Chicago, IL fundraiser, where we helped raise awareness and almost $5 million for prostate cancer research through the Movember Foundation.
For more information about this charity, visit gentlemansride.com.