Edward (Ted) McNabola was selected as one of the top 100 consumer attorneys in Illinois in a survey of Illinois attorneys conducted by Law & Politics magazine. For the past 20 years, Ted has been awarded an AV Preeminent peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell which is its highest rating for ethical standards and legal ability. He has been selected by his peers as an Illinois Super Lawyer and a member of the Leading Lawyers Network.
Ted has successfully prosecuted thousands of cases on behalf of victims of personal injury, trucking negligence, medical negligence, wrongful death and class actions.
In addition to obtaining his Juris Doctorate from Loyola University of Chicago, Mr. McNabola also attained a Masters Degree in political science with an emphasis on jury deliberation. He also studied law in Rome Italy, London England and completed a course about the history of the Supreme Court taught by United States Supreme Court Chief Justice William Rehnquist in Innsbruck Austria.
In 2010, Mr. McNabola received the honor of being admitted to the Bar of the United States Supreme Court and was sworn in by Chief Justice John Roberts.
Mr. McNabola was recently elected Vice President of the Society of Trial Lawyers which is a group of Chicago's most prominent trial attorneys dedicated to fostering a spirit of loyalty and fraternity among trial lawyers. This group is dedicated to maintaining the highest ethical standards in the trial of cases; and promoting closer relationships between and among trial lawyers and the judiciary.
A Strong Track Record of Success
In his last five trials that went to verdict, there were no settlement offers by the defendant. Despite this fact, Mr. McNabola won all five trials on behalf of his clients and achieved verdicts approaching $20 million. Mr. McNabola’s recent trial resulted in a verdict of $7.5 million for the family of a man who died after a mistake during surgery.
Other results include:
- $9.5 million obtained for a victim of medical negligence.
- $8.5 million recovered for a victim of a defective product.
- $3.15 million settlement for a Chicago Police Officer who suffered an injury to his eye resulting in partial loss of vision
- $3.7 million for the family of a young woman who died as a result of negligent medical care
- $2.5 million settlement in a trucking negligence case
He and his colleagues at McNabola & Associates have obtained almost $100 million in verdicts and settlements on behalf of injured clients. Ted has published extensively about trial practice and is a frequent speaker at legal education seminars. He has also contributed to the Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education (IICLE) legal textbook by writing a chapter on liens — titled “Liens” and coauthored by Attorney Terry Nofsinger.
Attorney Ted McNabola was selected to receive a 2020 Leading Lawyers℠ membership. Leader Lawyers is a prestigious group of highly rated attorneys who are selected through a rigorous process. The selection process involves sending surveys to attorneys throughout the State of Illinois and no campaigning for selections is allowed. Attorney McNabola has received this prestigious honor for the past ten (10) years in a row.
For more information about Mr. McNabola's accomplishments, please refer to a recent article written about him in Leading Lawyers Magazine.
- United States Supreme Court Bar, Member, 2008-Present
- The Society of Trial Lawyers, Vice President, 2005-Present, Treasurer - 2019
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Board of Governors, 2015-2020
- American Bar Association, Member, 1992-Present
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member & Elected to General Assembly, 1992-Present,
- American Association for Justice, Member, 1992-Present
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 1992-Present
- Chicago Bar Association, Member, 1992-Present
- Member, Catholic Lawyers Guild of Chicago, 2011-Present
- Chicago Bar Association, Medical-Legal Relations Committee, Committee Member, 2006-2010
- Chicago Bar Association, Moot Court Committee, Committee Member, 2006-2010
- Chicago Bar Association, Tort Litigation Committee, Committee Member, 2000-2009
- Illinois State Bar Association, Elected to General Assembly, 1999–2002
- Metropolitan Family Services, Board Member, 2000-2010
- Children’s Charities of Chicago, Member, 1996-2005
- 100 Club Illinois, Board of Directors, 2010-Present
- Leading Lawyers, selected by peers in Personal Injury Law 2007-present
- Super Lawyers
- Top 100 Attorneys, Law Bulletin 2017
- Top 100 Super Lawyers in Illinois 2006-2007 & 2013-2017
- Top 100 Consumer Lawyers, Law & Politics Magazine
- AV Preeminent 5.0 Peer Review Rated, Martindale - Hubble
- Avvo Clients' Choice Award 2019
- Avvo 10.0 Top Attorney
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Chicago, IL
- Loyola University Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Master of Arts; Political Science (Judicial Politics)
- Miami University of Ohio, Oxford, OH
- Bachelor of Arts: Diplomacy & Foreign Affairs and Political Science. Minor: Philosophy (Honors)
- Northwestern University School of Law, former Adjunct Professor
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, former Adjunct Professor
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy, former Faculty Member
Mr. McNabola taught trial techniques for over a decade while serving as a faculty member of the National Institute of Trial Advocacy. NITA is a service organization made up of a network of lawyers, judges, and esteemed advocates across the globe. Since 1971, NITA has provided the legal advocacy skills that allow the advancement of the legal profession and the pursuit of justice. He successfully completed the teacher training program at Harvard Law School and served as a NITA faculty instructor for the Midwest region between 2001–2009.