Skip to Content
Free Consultation - Available 24/7 312-888-8700

Two News Reports Related to the Fontanini family lawsuit against Ford


Chicago’s NBC 5 and Fox 32 News featured exclusive reports regarding the death of Rina and Pasquale Fontanini, a couple who passed away in their home due to carbon monoxide poisoning derived from their 2013 Lincoln MKS with keyless ignition.

According to the police report, Pasquale discovered that the family car was left running inside the garage. He then opened the garage door and shut off the engine. Unfortunately, in an attempt to save his wife (Rina) who was upstairs in their bedroom, he succumbed to the fumes. Their son, Caesar – who is also the Highland Park fire department lieutenant – found them dead inside of their home.

With the legal assistance of Attorney Ted McNabola, the family of the elderly couple filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Ford, claiming that the company knew about the potential dangers of vehicles equipped with keyless ignitions that are accidentally left running and did nothing about them. According to the claim, Ford and the auto industry has been aware of the design flaw for years and has installed a fix on some, but not all, of its models.

Although this is the first lawsuit against Ford, at least 10 other automobile manufacturers has been sued over the keyless entry problem. Safety experts state that the issue has caused 15 fatalities throughout the United States.

(Two videos would go here)

For more information about the dangers of keyless ignitions, contact McNabola & Associates, LLC today.